18 Oct 2013
Editor for culture360.org
culture360.org is now looking for an Editor in charge of researching and posting relevant online content within the existing editorial structure of culture360.org. The website comprises of news, events, opportunities and publications across many artistic and cultural disciplines. He/she will also write one article per month on a relevant issue related to Asia and/or Europe.
The Editor is responsible for uploading content on culture360.org’s backend and will also be sharing the same content on social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter.)
Additionally, the editor is responsible for keeping the organisations directory up-to-date by adding relevant institutions and players in the field of arts and culture.
The Editor will manage news and information coming from current ASEM countries*. He/she is expected to ensure a good geographical distribution across the culture360.org website.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 years of prior working experience as an editor for an online publication specialised in the arts and culture. He/she will have a strong and broad knowledge of arts and culture of both Asia and Europe.
- Proven experience as art/culture writer, researcher and contributing editor.
- A strong network of cultural professionals in Asia and Europe.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms.
- Ability to work in a team and in close collaboration with the editorial team at the Asia-Europe Foundation.
- A pro-active approach to searching and finding cultural content.
- Candidates have to be a national of an ASEM member country*.
- This position is freelance. The applicant does not need to be based in Singapore.
For this position the Editor will receive a fee of SGD 2100 per month (12 month contract).
Please send your CV, cover letter, writing samples as well as web links to:
Valentina Riccardi, Project Manager, Culture Department, ASEF.
Deadline for submissions: 18 October 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
culture360.org is a unique online platform that connects the people of Asia and Europe through arts and culture by providing information, facilitating dialogue and stimulating reflection. culture360.org is a programme of the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF).
* The Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) is an informal process of dialogue and cooperation bringing together the 27 European Union member states, 2 European countries, and the European Commission with 20 Asian countries and the ASEAN Secretariat. Member countries are: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, the Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the United Kingdom, Vietnam.