30 Jun 2016
Kyoto Art Center Artist-in-Residence program 2017 | visual arts call
Kyoto Art Center’s Artist-in-Residence Program offers support to emerging artists and art researchers who wish to pursue creative activities in Kyoto. We call for applications from the artists/researchers in performing arts and visual arts alternately. In 2017, the program is open to the artists and researchers working in visual arts.
NOTE: applications must be sent by post or delivered in person - deadline for receipt of applications is 30 June 2016
• Emerging artists and art researchers of visual arts, who have a significant reason to produce, research and study in Kyoto.
-Literature and Cross-genre art are accepted at any years.
• Applicants must:
- Organize exchange projects with Kyoto citizens during the residency.
- Communicate in English or Japanese.
• Accommodation during the residency period. (Living expenses such as are not included.)
• Studio for production at Kyoto Art Center.
Note: Presentation space availability is discussed after the selection.
• JPY200,000.- for an individual or a group(not each member) for production and/or research.
• Assistance of a program coordinator.
Maximum 3 months from April 1st (Sat), 2017 － March 31st (Sat), 2018
SEE WEBSITE FOR APPLICATION FORM AND OTHER DETAILS
Please send by post or bring in to KAC. E-mail and FAX are not accepted
Applications must arrive no later than June 30th (Thu), 2016
Image: Jay Kochel "Air Study"(2014) - artist in residence from Australia at KAC in 2014.
21 May 2012
27 May 2015