Kyoto Art Center Artist-in-Residence 2020 - Performing Arts call
Kyoto Art Center’s Artist-in-Residence Program offers support to emerging artists and art researchers who wish to pursue creative activities in Kyoto. We switch between hosting visual artist and performing artist every year. In 2020, the program is open for performing artists / researchers.
Kyoto Art Center (KAC) aims to be not only a venue for exchange and mutual stimulus among artists, but also for citizens to experience the abundance of arts. This program supports creative activities of artists and art researchers who aim to explore new artistic expression in their encounter with Japanese culture. Participants engage in production, research and study in KAC during the residency.
We welcome artists who explore the new form of expression in their own genre, or across genres. We are particularly interested in enthusiastic artists who can stimulate the creativity of Kyoto citizens.
DEADLINE for applications: 30 June 2019
• Emerging artists and art researchers based in performing arts (Dance, theater, music and others.), who have clear motivation to work and research in Kyoto.
*Applications by writers and cross-media artists are welcome every year.
• Applicants must:
- organize a public program for Kyoto citizens during the residency.
- communicate in English or Japanese.
• Accommodations during the residency period. [Maximum 3 months]
• A studio for production and research at Kyoto Art Center.
• Round-trip air ticket from residential area to Kansai International Airport or Osaka International Airport
• Production and research fee: JPY100,000 (including tax) - for an individual or a group
(not each member).
• Assistance by art coordinators.
3. Residency Period
Maximum three months from April 1st [Wed], 2020 － March 31st [Wed], 2021
photo: Maya Watanabe "EARTHQUAKES" from Kyoto Art Center Artist-in-Residence Program 2016, ©Sho Fujii)