Kyoto Art Center - Artist-in-Residence call for 2019 - Visual Arts
Kyoto Art Center’s Artist-in-Residence Program offers support to emerging artists and art researchers who wish to pursue creative activities in Kyoto. Each year the program switches between hosting visual artists and performing artists. In 2019, the program is open for visual artists / researchers.
Kyoto Art Center Artist-in-Residence Program 2019 for Visual Arts
Kyoto Art Center (KAC) aims to be not only a venue for exchange and mutual stimulus among artists, but also for citizens to experience the abundance of arts. This program supports creative activities of artists and art researchers who aim to explore new artistic expression in their encounter of Japanese culture. Participants engage in production, research and study in KAC during the residency.
We switch between hosting visual artist and performing artist every year. In 2019, the program is open for visual artists and researchers. We welcome artists who explore the new form of expression in their own genre, or across genres. We particularly interested in enthusiastic artists who stimulates the creativity of Kyoto citizens.
• Emerging artists and art researchers based on visual art who have clear motivation to work and research in Kyoto.
*Applications by writers and cross-media artists are welcome to apply every year.
• Applicants must:
- Organize a public program for Kyoto citizens during the residency.
- Communicate in English or Japanese.
• Accommodation during the residency period. [Maximum 3 months]
• A studio for production and research at Kyoto Art Center.
• Round-trip air ticket from residential area to Kansai International Airport or Osaka International Airport
• Production and research cost: JPY100,000 (including tax) for an individual or a group (not each member).
• Assistance by art coordinators.
3. Residency Period
Maximum 3 months from April 1st [Mon], 2019 － March 31st [Tue], 2020
4. Application Period
DEADLINE: June 30th [Fri], 2018
Please download full guidelines for information on how to submit your application