Korea | Asia Culture Center Arts and Creative Technology Festival 2023
Arts and Creative Technology (ACT) Festival of the Asia Culture Center (ACC), calls for proposals of experimental performance works from national and international artists, for the festival to be held in Gwangju (Korea), 10–19 November 2023.
ACT Festival, which aims to integrate artistic creativity and technology, is the ACC’s representative transdisciplinary festival that showcases future-oriented projects and ideas through various programmes, including exhibitions, academic forums, performances, and workshops, promoting the exchange of knowledge, skills, and experiences among local and international artists, cultural producers, and the general public.
2023 theme: Urban Future
Artworks should explore new urban culture and environment in the future where humans, creatures, and machines coexist, through human imagination and advanced technology in relation to “urban culture.”
Artworks should present new future urban culture through various technological mediation and media experiments including algorithms, live coding, AI, 3D and self-developed musical instruments.
The proposal should be a 3-channel live audio-visual performance, with a running time of 20–40 minutes. There will be one performance between 10 and 19 November 2023.
- Local and international artists (individual/team) whose works are based on art and technology (transdisciplinary, media, sound, audio-visual)
- For a team, up to 3 people can apply
- 12,000,000 KRW production budget
- For international artists, round-trip airfare will be provided separately
- Equipment and venue for performance such as screens, sound, and stages will be provided
Deadline: 7 May 2023