17 Feb 2015
Jobs | British Council Connect Indonesia
The British Council is recruiting for two posts (Programme Manager based in London and Director Business Development based in Jakarta) to manage the Connect Indonesia (Connect ID) programme over the next two years. Connect ID is an innovative and exciting arts and cultural programme that celebrates creative talent in Indonesia and the UK.
NOTE: there are two different deadlines for applications
1. The Director Business Development Connect ID will be based in Jakarta and have overall responsibility for developing partnerships and fundraising for the Connect ID arts and cultural programmes.
Closing date: 12 February 2015
We have an excellent opportunity for an experience professional to join the British Council as a Director of Business Development – Connect ID.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for developing partnerships and fundraising for our innovative and exciting arts and cultural programmes (Connect ID) that celebrate creative talent in Indonesia and the UK. Working in partnership with the Director of Arts and the wider arts team to support development of creative and professional skills and improve connections, networks and exchange between the UK and Indonesia.
Some of the main duties include:
· Bring on board new partners and sponsors for the British Council.
· Secure and account - manage sponsors and partners for the Connect ID programme.
· Track opportunities and deliver successful applications.
· Contract negotiation and achieve income targets for the arts.
· Maintaining relationships with UK arts colleagues and arts sector.
· Project management and administration including financial, planning, risk and event management.
We require the successful candidate to have a minimum of five years’ experience working on partnerships in sponsorship, fundraising or business development roles as well as demonstrate experience of operating successfully in a complex, multi-cultural context with a proven track record in securing large amounts; in the region of £500K, through fundraising.
Based in Jakarta but working across Indonesia and the UK you will work with colleagues, corporate partners, brands, artists and arts organisations in Indonesia and the UK to secure, develop and grow a range of partnerships that support delivery of arts programmes, events and projects to British Council’s standards and stakeholders’ satisfaction.
2. The Programme Manager Connect Indonesia will be responsible for developing and managing the UK side for its innovative and exciting arts and cultural programmes that celebrate creative talent in Indonesia and the UK. This job is based in London.
Closing date: 17 February 2015
Working in partnership with the Country Director, Director of Arts and the wider arts team to support development of creative and professional skills and improve connections, networks and exchange between the UK and Indonesia.
The successful candidate must be able to develop key stakeholders relationships for the British Council for mutual benefit on a range of arts programmes, and will also support the development of artistic content for those programmes. In particular you will have responsibility to deliver a major national tour of Indonesian Arts across the UK in August and September 2015 as part of the British Council’s global new showcasing initiative Connect-ID, the Connect Indonesia Season.
Some of the main duties include:
· Serve as main point of contact for all UK stakeholders in the development, coordination and management of the relationships between all UK stakeholders across all elements of the Connect ID programme.
· Support the development and further account management of the UK based sponsors and companies.
· Support the development, maintenance, expansion and monitoring of UK-Indonesia communication and PR campaigns in the UK.
· Contribute to impact evaluation methods and reports by developing and building a database of information throughout the project
We require the successful candidate to have
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience of account management in Arts projects and liaison with multiple stakeholders and partners.
· Experience of working with senior colleagues in partner organisations.
· Experience in supporting account management and benefits delivery for high level commercial partners.
· Experience of successful delivery of projects to agreed financial and non-financial targets.
· Excellent Project Management Skills with attention to details including the ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Excellent presentation skills and customer service attitude.
· Experience of operating successfully in a complex, multi-cultural international context.
· The candidate must have the right to work in the UK at the time of application.
Full details on the British Council recruitment page
22 Apr 2015
10 May 2018
07 Jan 2018
02 May 2017
23 Jun 2014