Japan | 2024 Artist in Residence at Dance Base Yokohama
Dance Base Yokohama (DaBY) is calling for applications from artists from a wide variety of fields who are interested in physical expression for their 2024/2025 artist in residence at Dance Base Yokohama, Japan.
DaBY will support those who share DaBY’s vision of “establishing a professional environment for developing dance” and “making dance more accessible to society” and those willing to work with DaBY’s artists and staff.
This year’s residency will require a showing at the end, and they plan to select works for “Performing Arts Selection” and other events in 2025 onward.
- Applications from individuals or groups between the ages of 18 and 39
- Applicants agree to hold a showing at DaBY
- Applicants agree to hold a workshop for DaBY resident dancers
What is provided?
- Studio use for approximately 20 days between April 2024 and March 2025
- Production cost subsidy of approximately 500,000 to 1,000,000 JPY
- Support for public relations, production, and partial technical support for showings
Artists selected to perform in the “Performing Arts Selection” will be provided with studio use and production assistance.
Unfortunately, DaBY cannot provide travel and accommodation fees and no accommodation will be provided.
Deadline: 14 December 2023