Helsinki | Zodiak CoProduction 2025
Zodiak Centre for New Dance in Helsinki, Finland, is calling for applications for the Zodiak CoProduction to support productions that premiere in 2025.
They are looking for proposals that incorporate an essential relationship to dance and bodily performance, as well as an idea of how to form an audience relationship. Attention is paid to the originality and clarity of the work ideas and choreographic thinking, as well as to the public relationship opened by the works.
- What can the “new dance” entail in the 2020s?
- What topics and visions need to be addressed in the coming years?
- In what directions and by whom can contemporary dance and performance develop or make new openings?
- What new public relations can the proposal create and give birth to?
The CoProduction support includes:
- A co-production support of 20,000 EUR, to cover salaries and performance fees
- Approximately 4 to 6 weeks of studio time in 2024/2025
- At least 1 week of rehearsal time on the stage before the premiere
The aim is to have 8 to 12 performances on the Zodiak Stage. The minimum audience capacity at Zodiak Stage is 75 per evening.
Zodiak CoProduction also welcomes suggestions from outside of Finland. For international co-productions Zodiak’s support can total up to 20,000 EUR, including the possible performance fee and accommodation in Helsinki.
Deadline: 4 October 2023