India | Sowing Seeds artist’s village residency 2024
Art Junction Residency Udaipur is calling for applications from international visual and performing artists and art critics for their interactive artist’s village residency in the Badanga, Udaipur, Rajasthan (India), from 1 to 12 February 2024.
Sowing Seeds (Beej Bonna) is a project that intends to create dialogue and exchange among artists beyond the national identity and serve as an opportunity for rural artists to meet, share and exchange ideas, to create a deeper understanding on art.
The objectives of Sowing Seeds are to:
- Create meaningful connections and interactions between rural and contemporary artists
- Develop interrelationships among artists from different geographical locations having varied social, religious and cultural perspectives
- Develop contemporary art ideas using traditional materials and emerging techniques so that it could connect artists to the global art scenario
- Foster collaboration, encourage experimentation, exchanges and dialogues among practicing and emerging artists
- Serve as a platform for regional and international exposure
8th Sowing Seeds 2024
Visual artists, performing artists, art critics and local community will collaborate to create work about environment and social development in rural Rajasthan. There will be opportunities for collaborative work that interacts with the rural environment.
The key to the artist residency projects will be creating local community collaboration to create works related to environment and social development in the village of Badanga.
The artist residency will bring together 15 international artists practicing in media, collaborations, outdoor sculpture, land art, documentation or performance to bring benefit to a specific site and share ideas and methods for a period of 10 days in the village of Badanga.
The artists residency will provide the selected artists with full lodging and food, work space, local transportation and a small material stipend.
Deadline: 25 November 2023