Inception Grant 2023 for artists from South Asia
The Inception Grant is open for applications from contemporary visual artists, 21–35 years old, from South Asia.
The Inception Grant, from contemporary Indian art gallery Art Incept, was setup in 2020 with the focus of supporting and mentoring emerging talent in the visual arts. In addition to financial aid, awardees have access to mentors and curators who assist them to develop their art practice.
There are four grants to be awarded of 100,000 INR each.
The internal jury will shortlist 18–20 applicants, out of which three artists will receive a grant and one will receive the Tacita Dean Award. Grant winners will receive a cash prize and will have access to mentors for a year. The internal jury will select a shortlist that will be presented at the Grant Show 2023.
- Applicants must be from South Asia (including from Bangladesh, India and Pakistan)
- Applicants must be between 21 and 35 years old
- Practice must fit the contemporary genre
- Illustrations, graphic design, and decorative art are not within the mandate
- Applicants must be at an early stage of their career, a student, or an emerging artist in the process of launching their career
- Applicants must be individuals (or part of a collective) applying on their own behalf
Deadline: 15 October 2022