IETM is recruiting a new Secretary General
IETM - International network for contemporary performing arts - is looking for a dynamic, experienced international arts manager for the position of Secretary General.
The Secretary General is the driving force of the network, who is responsible for developing the vision and strategy of the organisation, defined together with the Board of Directors, in addition to overseeing its implementation. The SG should ensure that IETM is a responsive, forward-looking and highly relevant network for the contemporary performing arts in a global environment. The SG is the manager of the IETM Secretariat team.
Essential to have:
- At least 10 years of experience in managing organisations in the fields of art and culture, preferably in the performing arts, within an international context;
- Experience in working collaboratively with a wide range of partners;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Experience in managing intercultural teams;
- Experience in public speaking;
- An appetite for good team work across a flat structure;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle heavy workload;
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of international cultural policies;
- Experience in EU funded projects;
- Experience in advocacy;
- Knowledge of French and/or Dutch.
We will value:
- Knowledge of and participation experience in IETM activities and/or other similar international cultural networks.
Find the full job description here.
This is a full-time position based in the Brussels office, with a fixed term of five years that can be extended for a second term. The position requires periodic weekend work, and frequent international travels.
Wage negotiated according to experience, with a minimum defined by the Scale A of the Flemish salary scales for the performing arts sector (starting at €3000,- up to €5000,- brutto monthly) excl. lunch vouchers and other fringe benefits.
Potential candidates are requested to send a motivation letter and CV to email@example.com.
Deadline: 1st of September 2018, noon CET;
- First round of interviews will take place by skype between 17 - 21 September 2018
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in Brussels in mid October 2018
- The position starts 1st of February 2019, with a one-month handover period.