16 Dec 2011
Gyeonggi Creation Center Residency Studio Programme | 2012 Open Call for Artists and Curators
Gyeonggi Creation Center is an artist residency located on Korea's West coast. Established in 2009, GCC aims to support artists and curators from around the world and from various fields. With several programmess and facilities including studio spaces, GCC hopes to be a dynamic platform for experimental and progressive contemporary art.
For the 2012 Residency Studio Program, GCC accepts applications from artists from disciplines that include visual and performing arts, film and new media, literature, music and sound arts.
Application Deadline : December 16 . 2011
Creative Residency Program : artists in visual art, design, architecture, literature, dance, performing arts, and media arts.
Research Residency Program : independent and alternative space curators, producers for theater and music, researchers and critics.
Eligibility and Requirements
Domestic and foreign artists in visual art, design, architecture, literature, dance, performing arts, and media arts and researchers, curators and critics. No limitation of age, nationality. Artists are required to stay in studio during their respective residency session. Individuals and group artists are allowed.
Session : March 2012 - February 2013
Long term residency (for Domestic Artists) : 6 months, 1 year and 2 year.
- 12 artists and 2 curators positions available.
Short term residency (for Foreign Artists): 3 months
- Select a schedule among the following periods: Apr-May, Jun-Aug, Sep-Nov, and Dec 2012-Feb 2013.
Benefits for 2012 Residents:
- Private studio and living quarters, all free of charge.
- Two-way economy-class airfare for one person, as applicable for foreign residents and korean residents working/living abroad.
- Production stipend for artists: around 2,000,000 KRW depending on needs.
- Research stipend for researchers: amount depending on needs for exhibition, publication or other applicable outcome note: all stipend amount are to be determined after discussion with GCC staff.
Materials for application
- Application form
- Complete CV or resumé
- A project description of intended activity during the residency
- Portfolio/Work samples (CD/DVD) : maximum 20 images or 5 minutes of video (jpg, ppt, avi, mov, wmv)
- Copy of passport or I.D Certificate
* Submitted material will not be returned
GCC allows the resident to bring a spouse or partner -- please discuss with GCC prior to registration. Pets and children are not allowed.
Please download, fill and e-mail the application form first. Send 1 copy of your application with all additional materials to GCC prepared in accordance with the guidelines noted in the Application Outline.
Submission Period : November 15 - December 16, 2011
Application can be delivered directly or post to, Gyeonggi Creation Center 400-3 Seongam-dong, Danwon-gu, Ansan-si, Gyeonggi-do (425-310) Korea * Applications must be postmarked by December 16, 2011
All applications will be evaluated by the selection committee of international art professionals Pre-selection by paper screening / Main selection by interview * Interview is optional for foreign applicants
January 15, 2012 (date subject to change)
The selected list will be posted on the Center's website
Phone : +82-(0)32-890-4820/4825
Email : email@example.com
Address: Gyeonggi Creation Center
400-3 Seongam-dong, Danwon-gu, Ansan-si, Gyeonggi-do (425-310) Korea
Source: Gyeonggi Creation Center
13 Sep 2010
19 Jul 2017