Paris | Cité internationale des arts artist residencies
As part of its action to support cultural and creative industries, the Institut français launches a call for applications for its programme at the Cité internationale des arts for residencies of three or six months, between April 2022 and April 2023.
With the support and delegation of the French Ministry of Culture and the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, subscribers of studios at the Cité internationale des arts, the Institut français allows nearly 70 artists each year to benefit from a residency in the heart of Paris.
This programme is intended for foreign artists, residing exclusively outside of France, wishing to develop a research and creation project in Paris, in all artistic disciplines. Artists must be supported by one or several cultural partners.
The French cultural network abroad and/or the associated partners, in France or abroad, are invited to submit applications on the IFProg platform. Applications submitted directly by artists shall not be accepted. They must absolutely be submitted by associated partners via the IFProg platform.
- The Institut français offers individual residencies and finances the accommodation in studio-apartments, of an approximate area of 40m2, at the Cité internationale des arts, on the site of the Marais, in Paris.
- The partner(s) associated with the artist, in France or abroad, must finance the artist’s travel, provide a living allowance (700€ per month, minimum) and other expenses (visa, insurance…), and carry out the process of submitting the artist’s application.
- No allowance for production shall be paid by the Institut français or the Cité internationale des arts.
Artists may present a research project on a topic/theme of their choice, within the following disciplines:
- Architecture/landscaping/urban planning
- visual arts
- street arts/circus/puppets
- comic arts,
- cinema (fiction, animated cinema, creative documentary)
- exhibition curating/art critic
- digital creation (digital arts, video games, VR)
- literature (fiction, essay, children's literature)
- fashion design
- music (current, classic, contemporary and music for films and video games)
- pluridisciplinary projects
Deadline: 15 November 2021