15 Sep 2013
Germany | Rave Scholarships
Rave Scholarships support further practical training in Germany for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from countries in transition and developing countries.
The Rave Foundation awards scholarships to curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from developing countries who have arranged a guest period, practical training or non-paid work at a museum, non-commercial gallery or at a non-commercial cultural institution in Germany.
- Museum technicians
- Cultural managers
- Applicant must be from a country in transition or a developing country and must still be living there
- Hitherto no opportunity yet to work in Germany for an extended period of time
- Completion of professional study or training within the last five years
- Younger than 40 years old
- Applicant must no longer be studying or involved in on-the-job training
- Confirmation (in German) from a partner institution in Germany which has agreed to take on the scholar or initiate a joint project
- A reference from the applicant’s country of origin
- Knowledge of either German or English, basic knowledge of German expected
- Applicants who were rejected once cannot re-apply
15 September each year
The Rave Foundation committee will assess all applications. There is no recourse to legal action regarding the awarding of a scholarship. Applicants will be informed in writing about whether their application was successful or not. No reasons will be given for the committee’s decision.
05 Apr 2017
07 Mar 2016
06 Jul 2018
05 Sep 2012
02 May 2017
01 Jul 2018