France | Art critic / Curator residencies ACROSS
INTERNATIONAL OPEN CALL FOR ART CRITIC/CURATOR RESIDENCIES ON THE FRENCH RIVIERA. For 2020, the ACROSS residency programme will select two art critics/curators for a 7 day residency in Nice, to develop an action research in the city and area.
SEASON #5 – 2019 / 2020
Each year, thankyouforcoming hosts art critics and/or curators for a 7 days residency in Nice and surroundings.
2 opportunities for a 7-day residency are available, between JANUARY and APRIL 2020
ACROSS’s residency program is opened to all individuals, French or foreigners, who have curating and/or art critic experience.
The candidate must be particularly involved in a research area around the renewal of critical and curatorial practices and develop an interest in action research.
Motivated, enthusiastic, independent.
Team applications are subjected to the same conditions, to be shared.
Language: French or English
Kindly supported by the Ministry of Culture and the City of Nice.
ACROSS is a research and prospecting project, collaborative and experimental, which aims to:
– Introduce residents to the local artistic scenes and their territories,
– Enable the hosts to meet the cultural operators and visit the highlights of the area as well as its alternative scenes,
– Invite to reflect on and offer innovative critical approaches to projects developed in Nice and suburb, as well as in the associated towns (Mouans-Sartoux, Antibes, Cannes, Vence, Monaco etc),
– Counter-balance the logic of centralisation and rebalance the power relations between Paris and the French provinces, centre and suburbs, local and global, national and international,
– Devise a new operational tool for research, prospection and transmission through the mobility of its actors, – Provide a framework allowing for the mobility of curators and critics, and make it visible,
– Offer the possibility to frame a specific work or deepen a line of research,
– Create opportunities for meetings, initiate and enable an environment for exchanges and discussions to foster common and analytical experiments.
The selected residents are offered accommodation, up to 250 EUR travel expenses and up to 250 EUR grant plus a small fee for a public event to be organised as part of the residency.
Deadline: Sunday 15 September 2019, until midnight.