Festival Alliances Across Australia and the Asia Pacific call
Asialink is calling for expressions of interest from individuals and organisations based in Australia to join the Festival Alliances Across Australia and the Asia Pacific, from August 2022 to December 2024.
Regional // Regional is a three-year initiative connecting regional arts festivals and platforms in Australia with peers throughout the broader Asia-Pacific region. The programme addresses the imbalance between urban and regional opportunities to engage with the region by sharing important insights, capabilities and connections to advance individual and collective strategic international priorities.
The Alliance brings together up to 30 producers and directors from across Australia and the Asia Pacific to exchange insights from their respective programmes and regions, build long-term relationships and develop strategic initiatives to implement in the future. Five places are being made available through this call.
The programme will be conducted through bi-monthly digital, hybrid and face-to-face discussions, workshops, creative exchange opportunities and an international summit in 2023. This programme is designed to seed and support cross-cultural collaborations, to develop and present new programmes in regional communities and build ongoing autonomous relationships and capacity, while also attracting and growing new audiences.
- Launch and inaugural meeting in Darwin 10–11 August 2022
- Bi-monthly alliance meetings
- Invitation to apply for seed funding towards hybrid creative exchanges, collaborations, and presentations
- Input into the public International Summit
- Accommodation in Darwin
- Contribution towards travel expenses and honorarium for two online alliance meetings in 2022: 675 AUD
- Honorarium of 1,000 AUD in 2023 and 1,000 AUD in 2024
- Individuals and organisations based in Australia
- Capacity to commit to duration of programme from August 2022 until December 2024
- Operating in regional areas or significant commitment to regional communities
Deadline: 8 July 2022