31 Dec 2014
Eyes on Asia photography awards
Eyes on Asia Awards is an open call international photography competition, inviting entries in four categories: images of Asia and Oceania under the categories of People, Nature, Travel Folio and Sense of Place.
The Eyes on Asia Awards are looking for images that are positive, uplifting, inspiring, sometimes funny or quirky. Images that inspire the viewer to want to travel to unique and beautiful places across Asia & Oceania; Images that make you want to pack your bag, jump on a plane and disappear to an exotic island, a mountain range, or a jungle. We want images that show us something familiar, yet with a new perspective, and give the viewer a ‘sense of place’.
Cash prizes, holidays, experiences and other awards are on offer with one overall winner and category winners.
1. People: Uplifting and inspiring photographs of people who call Asia & Oceania their home. From Eastern Turkey to the islands of Indonesia and Japan, we want portraits and pictures of people at work or play, at home or in a religious setting.
2. Nature: Depictions of nature images and landscapes. Landscapes are images of the visible features of an area, including physical elements such as landforms, living elements of flora and fauna, abstract elements like lighting and weather conditions, and human elements like human activity.
3. Travel Folio: A four to six shot collection that tells a story about a person or a place. The essay must be Asian/Oceanic themed and shot in Asia & Oceania. It can't be depressing or shocking.
4. Sense of Place: A single picture that tells a complete story about a place and gives a powerful impression of what it’s like to be there. Must include basic elements like people and urban or cityscapes.
5. The Eyes on Asia Awards competition is open to all photographers both amateur and professionals.
Full information, rules, guidelines on submissions
Closing date: 31 December 2014
NOTE: there is an entry fee
20 Nov 2018
16 Dec 2013
12 Apr 2021