Europe Jazz Network Green Pilot Tours
The Europe Jazz Network (EJN) is calling for applications from members for their Green Pilot Tours, an artistic project tour between at least four different venues or festivals and involving at least two EJN members.
It should focus on innovative touring models based on the principles of sustainable touring and fair and balanced practices in the music sector. The tours must take place between 24 October 2022 and 31 December 2023.
The objectives of the Green Pilot Tours
- Increase collaboration and exchanges between the EJN members
- Foster trans-national mobility of artists
- Envisage and implement more sustainable ways of touring
- Encourage a more diverse and gender-balanced programming
- Develop communication and dissemination strategies to promote environmental sustainability in the music sector
The maximum contribution which can be granted to each Green Pilot Tour is 6,000 EUR (VAT included).
- Each application must involve at least two active EJN members from two different countries
- Each application must include a minimum of four concerts/cities
- Only two flights are allowed per each tour proposal (flights are considered unavoidable when a possible train travel takes more than 6 hours)
- The band leader and majority of band members must be residing in countries where EJN members are located
- A Green Pilot Tour must involve international touring
- All the dates of the Green Pilot Tour must be consequential (i.e. the tour must happen in “one leg”)
- All artists and professionals involved in the Green Pilot Tour must receive a fair pay for their services
Deadline: 30 September 2022