Cartier Women's Initiative - open call for women entrepreneurs
Open call for the Cartier Women’s Initiative, an international business programme created in 2006 by Cartier in partnership with INSEAD Business School to identify, support and encourage businesses led by women entrepreneurs. Twenty-one women entrepreneurs, three finalists per region (Latin America & the Caribbean, North America, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East & North Africa, East Asia, South Asia & Oceania) are awarded every year.
The Cartier Women’s Initiative aims to encourage inspirational women entrepreneurs worldwide to solve contemporary global challenges by:
- supporting and recognizing creative women who are making concrete contributions to finding solutions for the future of our planet
- bringing these business solutions to the largest audience possible.
The annual competition involves two rounds:
First Round - The jury selects 21 finalists, the top three projects from each region on the basis of their application. They receive coaching from experienced business experts to move on to the next round.
Second Round - The finalists are invited to the final round of the competition which includes submitting a business plan and presenting their projects in front of the Jury during the Cartier Awards Week. Based on the quality of the plan and the persuasiveness of the verbal presentation, one laureate from each of the 7 regions is selected. The announcement of the laureates takes place during the Awards Ceremony.
The 21 finalists, representing the top 3 businesses from each of the 7 regions, will receive:
- One-to-one personalized business and financial coaching prior to the Awards Week
- A series of business coaching workshops and networking sessions during the Awards Week
- Media visibility for the finalists and their businesses in the months leading up to the Awards Week and interview opportunities with local & international press during the Awards Week
PRIZE MONEY The 7 laureates (1 from each region) will receive: US $100,000 in prize money
The 14 finalists (the two runners-up from each region) will receive: US $30,000 in prize money
In addition to the prize money, all 21 finalists will be awarded:
- A scholarship to attend the six-day INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Executive Education Programme (pending admission to the programme based on eligibility criteria and selection process)
- Ongoing support for the further growth and development of their business
Deadline for submissions: 14 August 2019