Call for FLY Film Lab 2019 - ASEAN-ROK Script Lab
ASEAN and Korean filmmakers who are interested in international co-production are invited to apply for FLY Film Lab 2019, an ASEAN-ROK Co-operative Project organized by Busan Film Commission-Busan Asian Film School (AFiS). The Lab is an ASEAN-ROK film script lab where 11 selected feature-length fiction film projects in development from 10 ASEAN member nations and the Republic of Korea are given an opportunity to strengthen their competitiveness and to heighten the potential of actualizing their projects into films.
- Title: FLY Film Lab 2019
- Project Description: The FLY Film Lab provides film directors or/and producers from 10 ASEAN member nations and the Republic of Korea with feature-length fiction film scripts in development with opportunities to receive mentoring on their scripts from specialists, in order to strengthen the competence of their projects, further develop their business skills, and increase the likelihood of actualizing their projects through pitching training.
- Where & When: Philippines (July), Busan, Republic of Korea (October)
- Hosts: Busan Metropolitan City (Republic of Korea)
- Organizer: Busan Film Commission-Busan Asian Film School
- Sponsor: ASEAN-ROK Cooperation Fund
- Cooperation: Film Development Council of the Philippines
- Lab Session 1: Mentoring on scripts and pitching, lectures, project presentation sessions for the 11 projects selected at the first stage
- Online mentoring: Mentoring on scripts for the 5 projects selected from the 11 projects at the second stage after the Lab Session 1
- Lab Session 2: Mentoring on script and pitching, lectures, project pitching sessions for the 5 projects selected at the second stage
Targeted Projects: feature-length fiction film projects with a script in development (running time 60 min or longer) from ASEAN member nations and Republic of Korea, written in or translated into English
Period of Application: April 15 (Mon.) 00:00 – 24 (Wed.) 18:00, 2019 (Korea Standard Time)
DEADLINE: 24 April 2019