12 Aug 2013
British Council job opportunity | Director Arts Indonesia
Purpose of job:
To provide strategic and operational leadership for arts and creative industries work in Indonesia by:
- Designing and delivering the first stage of an Indonesia country focus that delivers a step change in the level of cultural collaboration between Indonesia and the UK, contributing to global arts outcomes and regional priorities
- Developing an arts team in Indonesia with the knowledge and skills to continue this work effectively following role closure
- Developing and pass on to local arts team a network of professional contacts in the arts and creative economy in Indonesia
The Indonesia Arts team works on an extensive programme in the Creative Industries, following the signing of a bilateral MOU in the Creative Industries in 2012 and the selection of Indonesia as a British Council CI focus country. The team is currently preparing for a stronger programme across main art form areas to create a more balanced and mutual cultural relation offer and to advance the Indonesian arts scene and infrastructure. A research initiative on gaps, needs and opportunities was recently commissioned to embark on a large scale national engagement plan for the arts.
Our basis for this wider engagement will be a four year focus on the arts in Indonesia, which aims to permanently increase the level of cultural relations between the countries through the arts. This will include:
- a particular focus on the creative economy
- a programme of major public events.
- projects that highlight the role of culture in development
04 Feb 2015
17 May 2011