04 Jul 2011
British Council Thailand
Projecting creativity and creating opportunities to connect with the latest skills, ideas and experience, the organization presents the contemporary scene of the UK through its creativity, cultural diversity and recent achievements, organizing high profile public arts events throughout the year in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and major cities for young people, professionals and the wider public to showcase the best of the UK's contemporary film, fashion, design and music; and build and sustain creative partnerships and networks between Thailand and the UK through hosting seminars, interactive exhibitions, student competitions, workshops etc.
Current projects include:
- improving standards of English language teaching in schools
- joint Thai-UK projects in research development and industry links, e-learning and university management under the - - -
- Framework in Higher Education signed by Thailand and the UK in 2002
- developing effective links between education and enterprise
- supporting student-centred learning through creative teaching and learning tools such as museums and sports
- developing effective school leadership
- joint initiatives to develop new approaches to providing in-company skills training and assessment for industry
The British Council has three centres in Bangkok and 1 in Chiang Mai, offering high quality online and classroom-based English courses for adults and young learners; as well as English for Business; academic English for students and teachers; teacher training programmes; and in-company skills training.
24 Jun 2011
17 May 2011
09 Sep 2010
21 Nov 2018