28 Feb 2013
Berlin | Theatertreffen festival bloggers | open call
In 2013, the Theatertreffen held by the Berliner Festspiele will be celebrating its 50th birthday. No other festival has so consistently offered an impression of the most notable artistic developments on stage in the German-speaking world, nor more successfully established itself as a festival for audiences, a trade fair and as a talent platform. The Theatertreffen is a venue for art, encounters and debates, and in these roles, it has always been a gauge of the state of contemporary theatre.
This year for the fifth time, the Theatertreffen will be supporting new formats in online journalism and inviting cultural bloggers without age restrictions to follow the festival for three weeks on www.theatertreffen-blog.de.
Together with media experts, cultural journalists and theatre critics, bloggers will be reflecting on current social debates in seminars and investigating the scope of ‘feuilleton’ featured articles in the age of international media networking.
To participate, you have to have had some initial journalistic experience and knowledge of blogs, either through your own blog or through co-authoring on a collective blog. Our dual aim is to raise the profile of cultural journalism and to strengthen the presence of debates in theatre on the internet.
Read about the 2012 Theatertreffen blog applicants and selected bloggers
The bloggers selected will receive support, which will consist of the following benefits:
– Flat fee to cover expenses
– Participation in regular editorial meetings at the Haus der Berliner Festspiele; also in expert talks and background seminars in a feuilleton format such as theatre criticism, the German theatre scene and changes in the media
– Reimbursement of travel costs and accommodation for the duration of the project (for applicants who do not live in Berlin)
– Tickets for Theatertreffen performances
Conditions of participation
Applicants should have:
– an enthusiasm for theatre and interest in current social debates
– an interest in online journalism
– their own blog or co-authorship on a collective blog that discusses with cultural issues
– his or her own wireless LAN-compatible laptop, and any other necessary equipment
– proven basic experience as a journalist /editor in cultural areas
– a willingness to report around the clock on the TT Festival in May 2013
Applications with a short covering letter (maximum 400 words), a tabularized CV, a link to your own blog and a sample of your work in PDF format should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date: 28 February 2013
The candidates selected will be notified by 31 March 2013.
Image: Haus der Berliner Festspiele exterior view © Burkhard Peter
06 Jul 2011