Berlin | International Forum at Theatertreffen 2023 by Berliner Festspiele
Berliner Festspiele’s Theatertreffen, in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut and the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia, are calling for applications from theatre artists from all parts of the world for the International Forum, their 18-day scholarship programme held in Berlin, 10–28 May 2023.
The programme is intended to be a field for creative experimentation, a transdisciplinary laboratory and a self-reflective element of the Theatertreffen. In this spirit, it endeavours to open hybrid spaces in which the boundaries between performing arts and visual arts, media arts and science become fluid.
About the programme
The International Forum’s Open Call is aimed at theatre professionals from all fields. The programme includes:
- the presentation of the invited artists and an exchange of their artistic practices
- opportunities to see productions invited to the Theatertreffen in its various formats
- attend workshops held by renowned artists, experts and researchers from various disciplines
- open space events and discussions on current trends in contemporary art
- excursions into the diverse cultural landscape of Berlin
Who it is for
The International Forum’s Open Call is aimed at professionals from all fields, especially directing, acting, stage design, costume design, light design, dramaturgy, text production, music, video, performance, media, choreography, production management and theatre education.
- have several years of independent professional experience
- be available to participate over the entire period
- be able to understand and communicate in English
What is included
In general, the scholarship includes all costs for participation in the programme:
- tickets to Theatertreffen events
- travel expenses
- expenses for travel within Berlin on public transport
- hotel accommodation including breakfast
- per diem
Deadline: 9 December 2022