BeFantastic Within: AI and performing arts fellowship
Call for movement artists, performers, creative technologists, filmmakers or photographers who are interested in how AI and performing arts can come together to amplify the call to climate action.
The BeFantastic Within Fellowship is an online programme that fosters international collaborations in which the three selected participants have the chance to be awarded funding to develop and present the piece to an audience at FutureFantastic, an AI-Art festival in Bengaluru (India) in March 2023.
This fellowship enables artistic development, creative exchange and collaboration between emerging and established visual and performing artists, focussing on ideas around interconnectedness, climate emergency and the role of art and digital innovation.
The programme includes:
- Facetime with experts in the field: workshops offered by five mentors representing cutting edge practice from India, UK and Germany.
- Collaboration with a creative network: a network of up to 25 international professionals from India, UK and Germany with an invitation to collaborate and propose interdisciplinary project ideas.
- Knowledge sharing: access to lectures, workshops, peer discussions and resource packs dealing with the intricacies of performing arts, AI and art, and the nuances of climate change.
- An opportunity to pitch for a production grant: while BeFantastic are unable to offer participants a fee to attend a 3-week networking and knowledge sharing session (16 May – 3 June 2022), selected participants have the opportunity to bid for a project idea with international collaborators in response to the curatorial brief.
The three selected proposals will receive:
- Mentorship in cutting edge practices.
- Funding to develop an AI enabled performance art piece to be showcased at the FutureFantastic Festival, Bengaluru, March 2023.
Who can apply?
- Movement artists, performers, choreographers and creative directors based in India
- Creative technologists from India, UK or Germany
- Filmmakers and photographers from India, UK or Germany
Deadline: 15 April 2022