15 Sep 2017
Bangladesh | Crack International Art Camp 2017 call
CALL FOR ARTISTS: CRACK INTERNATIONAL ART CAMP 2017 - will be held at Kushtia, Bangladesh on 25-30 December 2017. CIAC is open for all art loving, cultural-minded people across the globe. It invites artists in a broad sense from visual or conventional art media to the multidisciplinary periphery (poets, writers, journalists, singers or musicians, film makers and so on).
Application Deadline: 15 September 2017
Finalist Announcement: 30 September 2017
Camp Date: 25-30 December 2017
Open Day: 30 December 2017
Reporting at Dhaka: 23 Dec, 2017
Reporting at Kushtia: 24 Dec, 2017
Venue: Smaran Matsya-beej Khamar, Rahimpur (adjacent to Dhaka-Kushtia highway), Kushtia, Bangladesh.
At CRACK Trust we believe that Art is a complex process and it could not be separated from life and ways of living. We think that every form of art has inter-relation and it is necessary to develop vigorous inter linkages between every field of culture to create a favorable environment for the progress of artistic practices. In this light, apart from visual artists, CRACK also engages creative people from various disciplines, including but not limited to theatre activists, photographers, film makers, musicians, psychologists, singers, poets, writers, journalists, actors, anthropologist, folklorists, historians, art critics and so on.
1. CRACK International Art Camp( CIAC) focuses on promoting young artists & thinkers by giving them space & momentum for flourishing their talent on an international basis.
2. CIAC is building a potential cross-cultural relationship keeping away from the conventional corporate culture.
3. Exchange of thoughts, ideas, concepts, & beliefs will accelerate interestingly through CIAC.
4. CIAC facilitates the participants coming from across the world with the philosophical basis to think independently out of basket.
5. Telescoping scope for practicing Art & Culture across the border. Involvement with the multi-cultural participants will definitely click fresh, positive and new ideas to anyone related to this art camp.
6. Sharing and caring for cross-cultural art will aim at the establishment of an eco-friendly platform. A way out from the monotonous urban life, spending some days in the lap of nature and catching up with the beats of pastoral Bengali folks are exactly what every artist might be thirsting for!
7. Brain-refreshing rather than brainstorming - the purpose of the camp is to provide the participants with a sound environment to relax their minds and share their views and insights about art works with each other.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
• CIAC is open for all art loving, cultural-minded people across the globe. It invites artists in a broad sense from visual or conventional art media to the multidisciplinary periphery (poets, writers, journalists, singers or musicians, film makers and so on).
• Even though there is no age limitation to become a CIAC participant, young artists will be given priority.
• The CIAC is targeted to adventurous and enthusiastic persons who can accept challenges to comfortable living. People accustomed to luxurious suite and feasts are firmly discouraged to join the CIAC. The camp is held in a rural setting where the food, accommodation and day-to-day experience is enjoyed by sharing common resources with fellow artists and community people.
HOW TO APPLY?
The CAMP is absolutely Registration FREE! The applicants are requested to submit the following materials via email to the Crack International Art Camp (CIAC)
1. A complete portfolio including brief Biography/CV
2. A short paragraph on ‘The reasons I find CRACK INTERNATIONAL ART CAMP, KUSHTIA interesting’.
3. Copy of Passport (for international participants only)
4. Two Recommendation letters
Please submit your application electronically to our official email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED BY CRACK?
Food & Accommodation
Interpreter & guide
Pre and Post Camp Support
Cost of Art Materials
Get full info via Crack Trust Facebook page for Crack International Art Camp
06 Aug 2014
30 Jul 2015
05 Sep 2019
07 Aug 2016