25 Oct 2013
Bangladesh | Crack International Art Camp 2013 | open call for artists
Open call to artists of all backgrounds for CRACK International Art Camp, held in Kushtia district, Bangladesh from 25-30 December 2013. It is an initiative of young activists from different cultural fields in Bangladesh.
Art Camp in Kushtia started with the leadership of Artist Shawon Akand in association with Artist Delowar Hossain in Kushtia (a district of Bangladesh in the south west) since 2007. Organizers of the Art Camp believe that Art is a complex process and is not separated from life. We think that every form of art has an inter-relation and it is necessary to develop these connections to create a favourable environment for the progress of artistic practice. Therefore, not only visual artists but also theatre activists, photographers, film makers, psychologists, poets, writers, journalists, actors and people from many other disciplines are welcome in this art camp.
Objective & purpose:
1. The CRACK INTERNATIONAL ART CAMP focuses on promoting young artists & thinkers by giving them space & momentum for flourishing their talent on an international basis.
2. The CAMP will build a potential cross-cultural relationship keeping away from the conventional corporate culture.
3. Through this CAMP exchange of thoughts, ideas, concepts, & beliefs will accelerate seamlessly.
4. It will provide the participants across the world with the philosophical basis to think independently out of basket.
5. Telescoping scope for practicing Art & Culture across the border. Involvement with the multi-cultural participants will definitely click fresh, positive and new ideas to anyone related to this ART CAMP.
6. Sharing and caring for cross-cultural art will aim at the establishment of an eco-friendly platform. A way out from the monotonous urban life spending some days in the lap of nature and catching up with the beats of pastoral Bengali folks are exactly what every artist might be thirsting for!
7. Brain-refreshing not brainstorming - the purpose of the camp is to provide the participants with a sound environment to relax their mind and share their views and insights about art works with each other.
Who can attend?
- The CAMP is open for all art loving, cultural-minded people across the globe. It calls for artists in a broad sense from visual or conventional art media to the multidisciplinary periphery (poets, writers, journalists, singers or musicians, film makers and so on)
- Even though there is no age limitation to become a CAMP participant, young artists will be given priority.
- The CAMP is targeted to adventurous and enthusiastic persons who can accept challenges to comfortable living. People accustomed to luxurious suite and feasts are firmly discouraged to join the CAMP.
How to apply?
The CAMP is absolutely Registration FREE! To make the camping more interactive, entertaining and convenient the applicants are requested to submit the following materials to the Crack International Art Camp (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Curator Rahul Ananda (email@example.com)
1. A portfolio including brief Biography/CV
2. A short paragraph on ‘The reasons I find CRACK INTERNATIONAL ART CAMP, KUSHTIA interesting’.
3. Copy of Passport (for international participants only)
4. Two Recommendation letters
What will be provided by CRACK?
- Food & Accommodation: CRACK will bear the cost of food and accommodation for the participants at Kushtia only. The food and accommodation will be managed from local sources. People interested in local cuisine in a local setting are highly encouraged to join.
- Interpreter & guide: For the international participants CRACK team will provide an interpreter and guide for a better understanding of the local language and cultural gesture.
- Transportation Cost: The participant(s) will have to bear the transportation cost regardless of the country of origin.
- Cost of Art Materials: According to their project parameter the participants will have to bear all the material costs themselves.
N.B: The participants need not come up with a predetermined plan of action. Rather, the idea can be generated on the spot.
Application deadline: Applications regarding joining the camp must be submitted by 25 October, 2013.
- Reporting at Dhaka: 23 Dec, 2013
- Reporting at Kushtia: 24 Dec, 2013
- Camp held from 25 December to 30 December 2013
- Open day: 30 December 2013
Image: copyright©TanzimAhmedBijoy — in Kushtia, Bangladesh.
06 Aug 2014
05 Sep 2019
07 Aug 2016
30 Jul 2015