Arts at CERN open call for artists from Switzerland and India
The programme Connect India is calling for proposals from artists from Switzerland and India for a joint, fully funded residency at the International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) in Bengaluru and CERN in Geneva.
Connect India is part of Connect, the collaboration framework between Arts at CERN and Pro Helvetia that serves as a platform for dialogue between artistic and scientific communities worldwide.
The residency exposes the artists (one from Switzerland and one from India) to two unique scientific facilities as well as the fundamental research that is conducted there. While CERN offers a unique range of experiments in particle physics, the ICTS engages in research areas that include statistical and condensed matter physics, physical biology and mathematics.
The goal of the residency is to develop research towards an artistic project in dialogue with the scientists, engineers, and staff of the laboratories, and with the support of the combined curatorial team of Arts at CERN in Geneva and ICTS in Bengaluru.
- ICTS in Bengaluru: four weeks, April–May 2023
- CERN in Geneva: three weeks, September–October 2023
The grant includes the following support and conditions for each artist:
- A stipend of CHF 6,000
- Living expenses in Switzerland and in India
- International travel costs and local transport and accommodation at CERN, Geneva, and at ICTS, Bengaluru
- Additionally, parents can apply for financial support of up to CHF 1,000 per month
Deadline: 12 December 2022