Artists in Austria, Hungary, Italy and Romania for fake news project 2.0
Escape Fake is calling for proposals from artist from Austria, Hungary, Italy or Romania, working with interactive and media art, data visualisation and multimedia production, to create artifacts or installations on the topic of fake news, to tour art and media festivals in 2023.
The project Escape Fake 2.0 invites 4 teams of 2 artists each to contribute their ideas in the creation of 4 artworks. Artists should be motivated and prepared to design transformative experiences related to fake news and media literacy. The artifacts or installations will be mobile and usable across borders, and they will be toured to art and media festivals in the second half of 2023. Escape Fake are looking for teams of 2 artists from each partner country.
- April – May 2023: 7-day workshop + 7-day optional residency in Budapest
- May 2023 – July 2023: content creation period
- July 2023: Preparation for showcase
- August – September 2023: Showcase of installations in Austria, Hungary, Italy and Romania.
Who is eligible?
- Legal residents in Austria, Hungary, Italy, or Romania.
- Artist groups or collectives (2 artists) or individuals may apply.
What Escape Fake supports
- Artworks that reflect on the topic of fake news, disinformation or media literacy.
- Artworks which fit broadly the fields of interactive and media art, data visualisation and multimedia production, including, but not limited to: sound, film, web interfaces, games, immersive technologies, interactive installations, tangible interactions and artifacts, digital and graphic design.
- Work can be in any language, although the official working language is English.
What Escape Fake will provide
- Exposure through dissemination and engagement activities.
- A cross-border and cross-disciplinary opportunity for exchange and artistic enrichment with fellow artists across Europe.
- Artist development support and in-depth knowledge on fake news and disinformation.
- Potential additional benefits resulting from dissemination activities, such as art venue fees and contributions.
- A monthly based salary up to 6,000 EUR in total with a maximum amount of 2,000 EUR material costs.
- Reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses for artistic events, including the workshop and residency in Budapest, as well as one showcase of the artworks per country.
Deadline: 14 December 2023
Escape Fake curates an interdisciplinary approach focused on the design of immersive technology and interactive experiences, drawing on collaboration between organisations in the audiovisual, immersive technology, media, educational and cultural sectors.