06 Apr 2010
Artist residency grants Thailand 2010
[caption id="attachment_2387" align="alignright" width="251" caption="Untitled work by Ania Witwitzka (Sweden), compeung.org (Click to enlarge)"][/caption]
ComPeung is the first non-governmental artist-in-residence program in Thailand. Founded in 2005 by art professionals who strongly believe places that defy the mainstream art's obsession with commerce rather than content are needed. Alternative places that experiment with and question the role of art, artists' positions, and the interdependence of art and society. ComPeung aspires to be one of these places, open to all who share the seriousness and the compassion for creativity.
ComPeung, combining the two words com (a remark) and peung (appropriate), derives from Northern Thai Lanna language. Our vision and mission for ComPeung are to create those appropriate remarks, suitable to the situations, environments, and communities we deal with.
Due to generous private donation ComPeung is able to provide 2 one month ComPeung Artist-in-Residence artists grants for 2010. The 2 residencies are scheduled for October 2010.
Each of the 2 grants cover:
- Air ticket to/from artist’s home country
- Transportation to/from Chiang Mai International Airport
- Small artist fee
- 3 home-cook meals per day
- Interested artists are encouraged to apply online by providing:
- Application Form (download)
- Preliminary proposal of her/his art work or project
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages A4)
- 10 - 20 images, sound, video/animation files and/or Power Point file edited up to 20 min max.
Disciplines & Media (open list)
- Visual Arts, Architecture, Performing Arts, Literature, Music
Grant application deadline: 30 March 2010.
04 Dec 2011
13 Aug 2010
07 Aug 2010
05 Jul 2011