Angkor Photo Workshops 2019 - call for emerging Asian photographers
Are you an emerging Asian photographer looking to take your visual storytelling skills to the next level? Apply for the Angkor Photo Workshops!
The Angkor Photo Workshops is an annual tuition-free professional workshop for up-and-coming Asian photographers with the aim of nurturing each individual’s unique vision and approach to the medium of photography.
Each year, 30 participants are selected from across the region to join us in Siem Reap, Cambodia, for an intensive week-long workshop conducted by renowned professional photographers who volunteer their time and expertise to be a part of this educational initiative and experience.
Participants will rise to the challenge of completing one photo story each during the workshop. The tutors will guide you through all the stages – from conceptualising story ideas and refining your personal approach, to improving your techniques and the final, important step of picture editing. We believe in diversity and originality, and we want you to develop your own unique photographic style and vision. Our goal is to help students in their practice of the medium with respect to their individual interests and ambitions so as to fulfill their potential to be autonomous creators rather than being consumers of photography.
Application is free and our workshops are open to photographers of all Asian nationalities, with no age restrictions. Before filling in our online application form, please read our Application Guide & F.A.Q. for more information on eligibility criteria and how to apply.
We believe in keeping our workshops affordable and accessible. This is why we do not charge a fee for the workshops, and eligibility is based on ability and the spirit of meritocracy. Participants must cover their own travel costs.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA & REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must be either a student OR a professional photographer of Asian nationality with limited professional experience.
- The workshop will be conducted in English.
- Participants will have to bring their own digital DSLR camera and laptop.
- Participants should be able to use basic photo editing software (eg: Lightroom, Photoshop, Aperture etc.)
DATES & SCHEDULE
- Participants have to commit to being in Siem Reap for the full period of 27th November – 7th December, 2019.
- Under the guidance of tutors, all participants must complete one photo story in six days, which will be shown as part of the 15th Angkor Photo Festival on December 7th, 2019.
- The last four days of the workshop will consist of portfolio reviews, projections, and other activities organised for all participants.
Deadline: 30th June 2019, 5pm (GMT+7)