22 Sep 2017
Actors of Urban Change | open call in European cities
Actors of Urban Change programme by the Robert Bosch Stiftung is open to applications from individuals applying as a local team with a joint project proposal for their city, and are based in Europe.
Actors of Urban Change aims to achieve sustainable and participatory urban development through cultural activities and by using specific potentials of culture as driver and enabler of positive change. This is carried out by strengthening the competencies for cross-sector collaboration among actors from the cultural, public and private sectors. Through local projects, an international qualification program, Europe-wide exchange and individual coaching, our participants put those skills into practice.
Actors of Urban Change is a program by the Robert Bosch Stiftung in cooperation with MitOst e.V. After two stages (2013-15 and 2015-17) of the program, the third program round takes place from autumn 2017 to summer 2019.
Who is it for?
Actors of Urban Change is designed to strengthen participants’ skills and practical experience as well as to foster knowledge sharing in the field of cross-sector collaboration and participatory urban development. It is for individuals who:
- work in the cultural, the public or the private sector
- apply as a local team with a joint project proposal for their city
- are highly motivated to develop their skills in cross-sector collaboration and participatory urban development
- are interested in international exchange and networking
- are ambitious to engage in local project work as well as the international elements of the program
- have a good command of English
- are based in one of the 47 Council of Europe member states, Kosovo or Belarus.
The local projects need to address a particular aspect of urban or community development within their city (e.g. social inclusion and cultural diversity, affordable housing, environmental justice, the responsible use of resources). It must be relevant to the city’s development, innovative at the local level and it must involve the local community.
What do we offer?
We offer financial support to enhance your local project as well as international qualification activities focusing on workshops and peer learning activities. To support your local collaboration we offer a total amount of up to EUR 13,000. This includes:
- grants for the implementation of your local project (up to EUR 5,000)
- process-related and tailor-made support by experts (up to EUR 5,000)
- mobility grants, i.e. financial support for Shadowing Internships in other cities in the network (up to EUR 3,000)
Additionally, we will reimburse all travel expenses and accommodation related to the international seminars. This financial support is embedded in international activities. These include participation in five international Actors of Urban Change Academy Meetings (4-5 days each) with a strong focus on peer learning, as well as mobility grants to spend Shadowing Internships in other cities in the network.
How does it work?
For 18 months, groups of three actors each, one from the cultural, the public and the private sectors, form a local cross-sector team for the implementation of an innovative project in their city. All teams from different European cities obtain support for professional training, their local project as well as through international exchange within the Academy Meetings. At a local level, the teams receive project grants and individual support for their projects through customized tools from experts such as coaching, moderation, counseling and process analysis.
Deadline: 22 September 2017
13 Aug 2018
13 May 2020
19 Aug 2013
05 Dec 2017