15 Feb 2017
2017 Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship
Applications are invited for the 2017 Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship, a 3 month programme (6 May - 19 August) which offers selected participants (aged 21-30 years) an opportunity to learn more about Indonesian culture. After a one week orientation/introduction of the program in Jakarta, awardees on the Regular Program are allocated to a designated art center on the basis of their motivation, interests, gender, regional dispersion etc. For the Special Program: Celebrating Diversity, Harnessing Harmony, 12 (twelve) awardees will learn about the new Indonesia in the learning centre in one of universities in Yogyakarta.
The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship (IACS) has been conducted since 2003 and was initially offered to and participated by member countries of the South West Pacific Dialogue (SwPD); Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Timor-Leste, and the host Indonesia.
Bearing in mind the significance and advantages obtained from the program, the scholarship was expanded over the years to include member countries of ASEAN, ASEAN+3, PIF countries, as well as many countries from all regions in the world. In 2017 the participants of the scholarship will include participants from MIKTA countries (Mexico, Indonesia, South Korea, Turkey and Australia). In the period of 2003 to 2016, the scholarship has been awarded to 718 alumni from 63 countries.
Due to the limited space and the vast amount of interest in the program, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia in cooperation with Indonesian Embassies and Consulates overseas, hold a series of selection process. Taken into considerations are, among others, the awardees' background, gender, regional representation and the interest to learn Indonesian culture.
For foreign applicants, the application form must be sent to: The Embassy/Consulate General of Indonesia in respective countries
Important: The applications should be received by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia/Embassies/Consulates before 15 February 2017.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Candidates should be single, between the ages of 21 to 30 years-old with at least a high school diploma;
- Candidates should possess high interest and talent in arts. Arts students or those with an academic history on Indonesian culture are encouraged to apply;
- Bearing in mind the intensity of the program, candidates are highly advised to ensure prime physical conditions, particularly for female candidates to ensure that they do not conceive prior and during the program;
- Participants must arrive in Indonesia a day before the Orientation Program.
- Participants must follow the whole program, including orientation program and Indonesia Channel.
For further information, more terms and conditions and how to apply see the full Guidelines
21 Mar 2011
20 May 2015
07 Oct 2006