2012 ASEAN Graphic Arts competition and exhibition | open call
To honour the 45th anniversary of ASEAN (1967-2012), the Vietnam Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism is organizing the 2012 ASEAN Graphic Arts Competition and Exhibition in Hanoi, Vietnam.
The exhibition aims to create a forum for graphic artists in ASEAN member countries to exchange ideas and introduce their work to the ASEAN community. The organizing committee will begin selecting works for the exhibition on May 30 and the exhibition opening and awards ceremony will be held in early August 2012 at Vietnam Fine Art Museum in Hanoi.
1. Application requirements: Entrants must be citizens of ASEAN member countries.
2. Theme: Artwork should focus on the topics of daily life, people, and natural landscapes, and promote peace, solidarity, friendship and cooperation.
3. Eligible artwork:
- We focus only in Print-making art and not focus in Apply graphic art.
- Requirements Art work‘s printing form is Flat, Intaglio, Relief, Serigraphy, Lithography.
- Medium technique is Wood-cut, Etching, Lithography, Monotype, Lino cut, silk print, digital print,…etc.
- All paper type are acceptable .
- All artworks must have been created from 2007 to 2012.
- The maximum dimensions of each side should not exceed 200cm. Frames will be provided by the organizing committee.
- Each participant can enter a maximum of three (03) pieces in the competition.
- The organizing board must receive photographs of artworks for the initial review no later than May 30, 2012.
- Applicants can send photos directly to the organizing committee or through the relevant arts agencies in their respective countries.
- Works selected in the initial review will be judged for the final prizes. The organizing committee will announce the deadline for delivering the selected original artworks after the initial review.
- Works will be rejected if they are not those depicted in the submitted photographs.
5. Photograph specifications:
- Only one high resolution 18 x 24cm photograph per piece is allowed.
- Photos will not be returned after the competition.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to use any photographs of artworks submitted for the competition in brochures and/or materials promoting the competition and exhibition (for non-profit purposes) without obtaining permission from the artists.
- Each photo should be attached to an Artwork Form provided by the organizing committee (see form at the end of this document).
- Please send artwork photographs by post to the address below:
Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
Department of Fine Art, Photography and Exhibitions
Address: 38 Cao Ba Quat Street, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel: +84-4-37347460 / 84-1234284847
Seventeen (17) prizes will be awarded in the competition:
- 1 first prize of VND30,000,000 VND (US$1,500)
- 2 second prizes of VND20,000,000 VND (US$1,000) each
- 4 third prizes of VND15,000,000VND (UD$750) each
- 10 honorable mentions of 5,000,000VND (US$250) each
The Exhibition Opening and Awarding Ceremony will be held in early August 2012 at Vietnam Fine Art Museum in Hanoi. The winning artist will be invited to the opening at the organisers' cost.
Download the pdf regulations and application form: 2012 ASEAN GRAPHIC ARTS (PRINT MAKING ART)COMPETITION AND EXHIBITION