15th Japan International Manga Award
The application period for the 15th Japan International MANGA Award is open until July 8th 2021.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs founded the International MANGA Award in 2007 for the purpose of expanding international exchange and mutual understanding through the MANGA culture which is widely accepted around the world.
This award honors MANGA artists who contribute to the development of MANGA culture in the world.
The organisers are looking forward to entries from MANGA artists all over the world!
Guidelines for Application
To spread MANGA culture overseas and promote international cultural exchanges through MANGA.
- The Gold Award of the Japan International MANGA Award will be given to the best MANGA work, the Silver Award to three excellent works, and the Bronze Award to other eleven works.
- The Gold Award and the Silver Award winners will be invited to Japan approximately for 10 days on the occasion of the award ceremony as an extra prize (the Bronze Award winners are not entitled).
Conditions of Entry - see website for full details and how to enter
- Eligible MANGA works need to be composed of more than 16 pages. Both published and unpublished works are eligible to apply, excluding the ones that won the past Japan International Manga Awards.
- Eligible MANGA works should be produced within the past three years (2018-2021) from the date of application.
- Eligible MANGA works must be submitted in electronic form (PDF) or printed form (Works submitted in electronic form will be printed for selection procedures).
The award ceremony is planned to be held in Tokyo in February 2022.