Vladivostok | Pacific Meridian Film Festival
The 16th International Film Festival of Asian-Pacific countries Pacific Meridian will be held in Vladivostok, Russia. The festival week from 21 to 27 September 2018 will compile in its programs films from different countries, documentary and feature works, experimental films and best of the year from the largest film festivals worldwide.
IFF Pacific Meridian is the annual International Film Festival of Asian Pacific countries, established in 2003 in Vladivostok, Russia. We are the only Russian film festival, which focuses on the cinema of the Asian Pacific region countries. Actively participating in the development of cultural exchange, the festival brings together more than 60 countries in Southeast Asia, North and South America and the Pacific Rim. Every year the film festival opens and shows the audiences modern films.
Over the years the festival has acquainted its audience with the films from Australia, Laos, North Korea, Russia, China and South Korea, with spy thrillers and horror films. Great attention is paid to retrospectives of prominent filmmakers.
Goals and objectives
• developing cultural exchange between Asia-Pacific countries
• presenting Asia-Pacific cinematography to Russian people
• familiarizing representatives of the film industry in the Asia-Pacific Region with contemporary Russian cinematography
• making a positive contribution to the development of the Art of Cinematography
• searching for and constructively supporting new young cinematographers
• presenting the cinematography of Asia-Pacific and European countries in the Russian Far East by mutual integration into common cultural space of the region