from - to
01 Mar 2017 - 30 Apr 2017
IKAT / eCUT programme
- How can textiles be produced in a more resource-efficient way?
- What role will traditional artisanship play in the future?
- Do we, as consumers, face the challenge to reconsider our buying strategies?
- Do textile producers have the responsibility to offer new products, ones that are eco-friendly and come from a production that is fair to the people involved?
- Do we need to buy at all?
- Can’t we just all be makers and crafters?
- Fast Fashion - The Dark Side of Fashion | An exhibition on the impacts of mass production of fashion and presentation of sustainable alternatives by Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe (Museum of Arts and Crafts Hamburg)
- Slow Fashion Lab | Introducing examples of sustainable fashion, traditional and local practices from around Indonesia
- Fringe Events | A series of activities that offer experiences of collective creation and learning beyond the world of fast fashion
- Textile Residencies | Workshops and production residencies bringing together German designers with Southeast Asian producers to learn from each other and establish lasting relationships
25 Apr 2017
12 Aug 2010
12 Jul 2017
14 Dec 2016
30 Mar 2017
30 May 2016