20 Dec 2019
Getty Travel Grants to Attend ICOM-CC's Triennial Conference
The 19th Triennial Conference of ICOM's Committee for Conservation (ICOM-CC) will take place in Bejing, China, on 14-18 September 2020. Entitled "Transcending Boundaries: Integrated Approaches to Conservation", the conference will aim to bring together the knowledge, traditions, and skills of the East and the West. What are the backgrounds for our selection of conservation methods and materials? What are the features and properties we strive to achieve when working with our artefacts? In this context, with support from the Getty Foundation, ICOM-CC is offering travel grants for museum professionals to take part in the conference.
BeneficiariesThe grant is:
- open to museum/conservation professionals employed full time in a museum, conservation institution, non-conservation institution (such as a university) with a conservation department;
- not available to: students, freelance/short-term contract workers, self-employed professionals, retired professionals;
- aimed at in-career professionals; professionals should have at least four (4) years working experience;
- open to professionals from emerging countries and developing economies. These countries are specified as ICOM Category 3 & 4 countries. Only applicants from these countries are eligible; please do not apply if you do not work and reside in one of the ICOM Category 3 or 4 countries.
- open to professionals who qualify in the above categories. It is not limited to ICOM/ICOM-CC members. Special consideration, however, will be given to individual members of ICOM and ICOM-CC, or Friend contributors of ICOM-CC, or those working for an institution that is an institutional member of ICOM.