08 Apr 2020 - 16 Apr 2020
ICOM-ITC Workshop "Exhibitions that matter" | China
The ICOM International Training Centre for Museum Studies (ICOM-ITC) is launching the call for applications for its next workshop on exhibition development.The programme, entitled “Exhibitions that matter: visitors at the centre of the experience”, will be held in Beijing, China, from 8 to 16 April 2020, and a series of grants will be offered to ICOM members. During the next ICOM-ITC workshop, international and Chinese experts will share their experience and ideas on developing and presenting exhibitions. They will encourage reflections and discussions about the practical aspects of these processes and on the different approaches to develop engaging exhibitions around the world.
Selection criteriaOnly ICOM members meeting the following criteria can apply to this programme:
- Being an ICOM member in good standing, which means having paid their ICOM individual membership dues for two consecutive years including the current year of application (i.e. 2018 and 2019) or, in the case of a new or reinstated ICOM membership, having paid membership dues for the year of application (i.e. 2019);
- Occupying middle-management position in a recognised museum or public institution;
- Aged 45 years or under, by 31 December 2019;
- Being fluent in both written and spoken English.
GrantsThere are no registration fees for attending the training seminar. As regards travel, accommodation and local hospitality, ICOM, ICOM China and the Palace Museum award two types of grants:
- The full grant covers an economy-class air ticket, accommodation and local hospitality for the participant for the duration of the training workshop. Applicants residing in countries belonging to categories 2, 3 and 4, as defined in the ICOM membership grid, are given priority for this type of grant.
- The partial grant covers accommodation and local hospitality for the participant for the duration of the training workshop. Applicants residing in countries belonging to category 1, as defined in the ICOM membership grid, will be considered for partial grants.