Federation for Asian Cultural Promotion conference
The FACP annual conference held in Singapore Nov 25-28 aims to facilitate international touring and artistic issues and challenges facing the arts industry in the Asia-Pacific region.
Registration for the 28th FACP Annual Conference in Singapore, November 25 - 28, 2010 is now open. The Federation for Asian Cultural Promotion
conference programme includes:
- Stimulating talks and key-note addresses on issues of topical interest to the creative arts industries by distinguished Singapore and international speakers.
- Networking sessions for show presenters, show producers, concert agencies, etc. from Asia-Pacific region to connect and explore co-production and collaborative tours of artists.
- Showcasing of Singapore arts groups with a special presentation of Asia's Rising Stars in music.
- Option to attend concerts at discounted admission prices by Singapore Symphony Orchestra and Singapore Chinese Orchestra, two leading professional ensembles of the Republic.
- Free admission to special concerts featuring the young musical talents of the School of Young Talents, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore's premier arts training institution.
- Tour of the modern performing arts facilities in the two iconic Integrated Resorts of Resort World Sentosa and Marina Bay Sands, and free admission to "SkyPark" of MBS at a dizzying height of 200m.
- Conducted tour of the Singapore Government School of the Arts, the region's first for the training of primary school leavers in the arts.
The Federation for Asian Cultural Promotion (FACP) is an association for individuals or corporations who are involved or interested in the performing arts.
FACP is a non-profit, non-political organization which works to promote networks for performing arts managers in the region and to foster understanding of the rich cultural heritage of Asia around the world.
A group of professionals, impresarios and performing arts managers from Manila, Taipei, Seoul and Tokyo founded the FACP in Manila in 1981. It now draws participants and observers from almost every city in the region and from every corner of the world which share an interest in the development of cultural exchange in the Asia-Pacific.
The FACP holds an annual conference hosted each year by a different Asian city. The annual conference is aimed at facilitating international touring and artistic issues and challenges facing the arts industry. It provides a friendly meeting place and platform for arts and artist managers, cultural entrepreneurs and leaders.