09 Sep 2016
Ecsite Conference 2017: Call for Proposals Open | Portugal
The Natural History and Science Museum of the University of Porto and Ciência Viva will host the 28th Annual Conference of Ecsite, the European network of science centres and museums, between 15 and 17 June 2017. The largest of its kind in Europe, the Ecsite conference is open to everyone interested in public engagement with science. With “Life Everywhere” as a motto, participants are invited to celebrate life, celebrate the extraordinary diversity of forms evolving in our planet for millions of years, celebrate our existence. In this respect, a call for session proposals has been launched, open to the following formats:
- Interactive session / workshop, a practical, interactive and participative session enabling in-depth exploration of one topic
- Panel session, involving up to four speakers and one convenor who provide different perspectives on one topic
- Reverse session, wherein speakers provide a short introduction on one topic and guide an open discussion with participants
- Travelling exhibitions session, where 20 speakers have four minutes each to present their new travelling exhibition(s)
- Poster showcase, which present collaborative projects through a poster and a presentation.