culture360 Media Partner of Widening Circles: Pickle Factory Season 2 | India
culture360.ASEF.org is delighted to be the media partner of Pickle Factory Dance Foundation for Widening Circles: Pickle Factory Season 2, a festival season of classical and contemporary dance, physical theatre, multimedia performance, puppet-theatre, circus-theatre, performance criticism, and more, taking place in Calcutta, India in November 2019.
Pickle Factory Dance Foundation is a hub for the practice, discourse and presentation of dance and movement work housed in spaces repurposed for the arts in Calcutta. The Foundation believes that open, accessible and pluralistic homes for the arts are transformative for arts and artists, audiences and communities, neighbourhoods and cities, and necessary for human and social wellbeing and development. Widening Circles: Pickle Factory Season 2 takes forward this belief, featuring artists and guests from India, Switzerland, Australia, Germany, Scotland, and Canada from a variety of artistic backgrounds.
As the name suggests, Widening Circles ripples out to affect and involve diverse participation: through a range of programming in a range of spaces for a range of audiences. The Season runs throughout November 2019, and offers performances, workshops, post-show discussions, artist interactions, training and capacity building, a roundtable on repurposing spaces, and arts education and community outreach events.
The Season is produced and presented by Pickle Factory Dance Foundation along with a host of partners and supporters from India and abroad.
- artists and guests from India, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Australia and Scotland
- a national focus on Delhi and an international focus on Australia
- featuring performances and workshops spanning classical and contemporary dance, physical theatre, multimedia performance, puppet theatre and circus theatre
- post-show discussions, artist addas, audience appreciation facilitation, screenings, panel discussions
- imagining and implementing repurposed performance venues in various buildings in Calcutta
- working with schools and NGOs to reach a cross section of communities