09 Apr 2019
CIMAM Annual Conference 2019 in Sydney: Grants available
CIMAM - International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art is offering around 22 grants to support the attendance of curators, researchers and museum directors of contemporary art to attend the CIMAM 2019 Annual Conference entitled “The 21st Century Museum: Is Context Everything?”, which will take place in Sydney, Australia, on 15–17 November 2019. CIMAM’s Travel Grant Programme supports individuals’ curatorial and research development through their attendance to the Annual Conference, where the most current concerns on contemporary art practices are discussed. Awarded candidates benefit from unique networking opportunities through interaction and exchange with international museum directors and peers.
EligibilityGrants are restricted to modern and contemporary art museum or collection directors and curators in need of financial help to attend CIMAM’s Annual Conference. Researchers and independent curators whose field of research and specialization is contemporary art theory, collections and museums and most of their field of professional activity is related to the functions of an art museum, are also eligible. Applicants should not be involved in any kind of commercial or for-profit activity. While professionals of all career levels are encouraged to apply, priority is given to junior directors and curators (less than 10 years’ experience). Candidates who have previously received CIMAM grants from the same grant contributor may only be considered for a new grant after 3 years since the previous grant was awarded. Several types of grants are available, including the following:
- The Getty Foundation: supports professionals residing in countries with Emerging Market and Developing Economies.
- Adam Mickiewicz Institute: supports contemporary art professionals residing in Poland.
- Alserkal Arts Foundation: supports professionals residing in or whose practices relate to the United Arab Emirates and the wider Middle East and North Africa region, and the South Asian countries.
- V-A-C Foundation: supports professionals residing in the Russian Federation and the countries of the former Soviet Union.
- Byucksan Foundation: supports professionals residing in the Northeast Asia region.
Purpose of grantsThe support is limited to cover conference registration (including access to all sessions, meals, visits and related transportation), travel expenses (round trip economy flight tickets only) and 4-night accommodation in one of the hotels recommended by CIMAM. Funds do not cover transportation to/from the airport, visa expenses, travel insurance and registration to the optional conference tours.
Application and further informationThe deadline to apply is 5 May 2019. For additional information and application, please visit http://cimam.org/travel-grant-program/eligibility-purpose-grant-application-and-selection-process/
24 Aug 2016
30 Jun 2015
07 Jun 2022
16 Apr 2019
31 May 2018
25 May 2023