Bangkok | Asia-Pacific writers festival and summit
‘Reaching the World’ is Bangkok’s first international writers’ showcase, bringing together authors, translators and publishing professionals from around Asia, the Pacific to share their work in conjunction with one of Asia’s longest-running and most prestigious literary events, the South East Asian Writers Awards.
Reaching the World takes place in Bangkok 5-9 November, 2012 and is co-organised by the Asia Pacific Writers & Translators (AP Writers), South East Asian Writers’ Award (S.E.A Write)Bangkok has been designated UNESCO’s ‘World Book Capital 2013’ This start-up literary festival begins with a two-day Summit: a think-tank of writers and translators. This is hosted by the Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University.
- The Summit explores two themes: 1) The value of literary prizes; 2) The need for quality literary translations to take writers to the global market.
- Author Showcase Readings by award-winning Thai and visiting poets and writers.
- Creative Writing Workshops led by international author-mentors.
- The S.E.A. Write Awards Presentations Gala Dinner at the legendary Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, in the presence of Princess Sirivannavari Mahidol.
- AP Writers Meeting to elect the new Board and decide events for 2013 and beyond