25 Jun 2015 - 04 Oct 2017
Asia-Europe Dialogue: Stimulating cities through culture | Cebu, Philippines
One of the interesting developments in the 21st century has been the evolution of networks, particularly in the culture sector. Cultural networks have emerged as an important tool for improved cross-border cultural communication and greater international co-operation. This model has been adopted by cities in Asia and Europe to strengthen partnership, co-creation and collaboration between cities with a focus on creativity as the driving force for economic and social development.In this context, the ASEF supported panel titled Asia-Europe Dialogue: Stimulating cities through culture - Exploring the city networks model will address the following key questions:
- What are the current trends, challenges and issues in the development of strong medium-sized cities network? What are specific concerns for Asia and Europe?
- How can such networks enable knowledge exchange and enhance connectivity between cities? Are there any innovative examples that could serve as inspiration?
- Can such networks bring the policy makers and practitioners together to address the emerging urban challenges through creativity?
- MR. MARTIN VENZKY-STALLING, Creative Chiang Mai (Thailand),
- DR. NEIL KHOR, Think City (Penang, Malaysia),
- MS. SHINTA PUTRI, Bandung Creative City Forum (Indonesia),
- ARCH’T BUCK SIA, Creative Cebu Council (Philippines)
- MR. ANDREW ERSKINE (Creative Consultancy)
12 Feb 2015
07 Oct 2016