2022 ENCATC Congress on internationalisation
The European Network on Cultural Management and Policy (ENCATC) invites researchers, educators, policy makers, cultural managers, and artists to join a global conversation about internationalisation in the contemporary world at their30th congress, 17–19 October 2022.
Held in Brussels and Antwerp (Belgium), the theme of this edition is “Internationalisation in focus: theoretical, strategic, and management perspectives in education, research, policy and practice.” It will also include the ENCATC Research Award Ceremony and the Young and Emerging Researchers Forum.
The Congress asks: How can we utilise the potential of transnational cooperation, within Europe and beyond? How can we take advantage of digitisation to develop new ways of learning and teaching? How can we promote sustainability and resilience in our policy and practice? How can creative leadership work to decolonise the cultural sector at a local and international level?
Key topics of the 2022 ENCATC Congress include:
- Developing new approaches to cultural management and policy in global networks
- Decolonising and diversifying internationalisation
- Creation and management of digital communities—inclusion, trust-building, and technologies as enablers or inhibitors of engagement
- Cultural and creative institutions as multipliers for international cooperation
- Policy actions, perspectives and practical experiences in international cooperation
- Citizens’ and stakeholders’ role in internationalisation processes
- Artists and creative workers and their role in internationalisation
The ENCATC Congress on Cultural Management and Policy is a global gathering dedicated to the advancement of theory, education, research and practice in cultural management and policy.