06 Sep 2010
Mori Art Museum
The Mori Art Museum is positioned also as a center of contemporary Japanese and Asian art, able to present Asian art trends in a global context with profound expertise concerning specific cultural systems and structures.
The intention of the Mori Art Museum's continuing "Art + Life" principle is to realize an enriched society where art relates to all aspects of life.
- To present creative endeavors in art, architecture, design and other artistic activities within the broader contexts of culture, history, philosophy and science, and to be a center of inspiration accessible to all.
- To cultivate broad community development through collaboration in exhibition planning, creation of touring exhibitions, and exchanges with art museums and cultural institutions, artists, curators, collectors and supporters world-wide.
- To provide a platform through art for people of all walks of life to engage in critical and constructive discourse towards creating a new aesthetic and a new world view.
- To contribute to the development of contemporary art through artwork production support, exhibitions, collection of Asian contemporary art, and cooperative relationships with galleries, art fairs and professionals in the world of art.
- To introduce new lifestyles from the cultural hub of Tokyo to the world, uniting art and life through dedicated public programs, as well as promotion of community art events and active support of public art projects.
10 Feb 2011
05 Jul 2011
20 Aug 2013
29 Nov 2018