12 Jul 2010
Hungarian Film Union (Magyar Filmunió)
The main fields of activity of the company:
- organisation of the participation of Hungarian films (feature films, shorts, documentaries and animation) at international film festivals
- organisation of retrospective screenings and national film weeks abroad
- organisation of the Hungarian Film Week, the national film festival in Budapest
- contact and collaboration on a regular bases with international professional organisations and with national cinema and audiovisual bodies world-wide
- organisation of conferences, workshops and meetings of the audiovisual sector
- acting as a switchboard between Hungarian industry professionals and their partners abroad
The basic activity of Magyar Filmunió is the promotion of the Hungarian films abroad, to promote awareness of Hungarian film-making at an international level within the circle of professionals as well as of a wide public.
The annual Hungarian feature film, short, documentary and animation production is offered for selection and is nominated by Magyar Filmunió at international film festivals. In addition to the participation at major international industry events such as Berlin, Cannes, Moscow, Karlovy Vary, Venice, Locarno or Montreal, Magyar Filmunió's endeavour is to present the contemporary Hungarian film production at as many festivals and events as possible.
Since May 2001 Magyar Filmunió has been a member of European Film Promotion, taking part actively in the initiatives of the organisation that is supported by the MEDIA Plus Programme of the European Union.
Hungarian Film Week
Each February, just before the Berlin International Film Festival the Hungarian Film Week is a well established regular showcase presenting the former year's Hungarian film production to the local and foreign professionals as well as to the Hungarian public.
17 May 2011
06 Apr 2011
26 Jun 2011
03 Apr 2005