06 Jul 2011
Belart International (Belgian Art Research Institute)
Their international team of independent experts is specialised in consultation of primary and secondary sources, evaluation of private and public, national and international archives holdings. In the course of the years the Institute has gathered original documents and established one of the largest private archives on leading European artists and Ivan Pokhitonov. Enriched by donations and purchases from private collections theirr archives represents therefore a unique source of unpublished documents and photographs.
Their profound interest lies in the continuous exploration of European Art. Therefore, Belart International has prepared the following publications:
- La Galerie Georges Giroux – active between 1912 and 1960. The monograph is dedicated to the art dealer Georges Giroux - a pioneer and supporter of the Belgian artist group called the Brabant Fauvists. Giroux has organised exhibitions and sales which featured works by many renowned Belgian and European artists. Some of the works are part of museum and private collections in the United States.
- Théo Van Rysselberghe - catalogue raisonné of works of the renowned Belgian Neo-Impressionist painter and co-founder of the avant-garde group Les Vingts. The author of the catalogue raisonné Olivier Bertrand has already curated a major retrospective exhibition (Brussels and The Hague) and published the exhibition catalogue on the Belgian artist in 2006.
- Ivan Pokitonow (Ivan Pokhitonov) - catalogue raisonné in 3 volumes on his complete work.
- The catalogue is dedicated to the Russian painter Pokitonow who has spent a great part of his life in Belgium. It will be the first complete overview of the works of Pokitonow and thus a must read for art collectors, researchers and museums.
- Rik Wouters - catalogue raisonné of works on paper and sculpture. The Belgian Art Research Institute is specialised in the oeuvre of Wouters - one of the leading figures of 20th century Belgian Art - and has already published a catalogue raisonné of his paintings.
- Juliette and Rodolphe Wytsman - catalogue raisonné of works of two highly appreciated but little known Belgian artists.
- Jean Brusselmans, Georges Lemmen, Constantin Meunier, Willem Paerels - Catalogues raisonnés in progress
13 Apr 2016
06 Aug 2014
12 Jul 2018