UNESCO City of Literature Heidelberg Writer in Residence programme 2024
UNESCO City of Literature Heidelberg is calling for applications from writers residing in a UNESCO City of literature for their 3-month Writer in Residence programme in the “Commandant’s House Dilsberg”, at Dilsberg Fortress, in Neckargemünd (approximately 14 km from Heidelberg, Germany).
Successful recipients can work on a project of their choosing. They will also have the option to apply as a team of two artists (grant holder and co-fellow).
For team applications:
- The co-recipient should also have his/her own artistic expertise, which has not necessarily to be in the literary field (could be translation for instance, but also such as music, visual arts, performing arts, film, etc.).
- The co-recipients will have to demonstrate an artistic or interdisciplinary cooperation and should be personally well acquainted to each other.
- The co-grantee will be provided the same financial resources as the grant holder.
The grants is a total value of 3,750 EUR per person, consisting of:
- Subsistence allowance of 1,350 per person EUR
- Monthly allowance/pocket money of 750 EUR per person
- Travel allowance (international flights, economy class) of up to 1,000 EUR
- Public transportation ticket for the Rhine-Neckar public transport network (VRN) limited to the duration of the stay
- Publication of at least one book (prose, essay, narration, poetry, etc.)
- Good to very good knowledge of German and/or English language
- Willingness to participate in local literary life (Dilsberg or Heidelberg)
- Registered residence in a UNESCO City of literature
Deadline: 17 September 2023